Friday, October 7, 2011

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern



This book is fantastic.  It is a sensory wonder!  I don't know about you, but when I read a book, I get lost in it.  This book was a perfect example of the type of book you can get lost in.  With all the details Erin wrote, you can feel, taste, smell, and hear everything.  The slight romantic element to this book is simple but captivating.  You felt the heartbreak when the characters did.  You felt the sense of confusion with the characters did.  That is something that is greatly appreciated by a person who lives in books. 

I had some trouble following the timeline of the book, because it did move back and forth from years.  But in the end, it all met up again, and ended on the perfect note.  The multiple story lines tie together.  Not a single piece is left hanging.  I believe the absolutely best lesson in this book is that love does conquer all.  

It was fate the Celia and Marco found each other and fell in love, and I believe that was because it was a part of the game all along.  But what wasn't part of the game, was that Celia and Marco would overcome the challenge and find a way to keep their love, and the circus together.  The smaller story of Bailey, Poppet, and Widget was great.  All three were perfect characters to add into this already empowering book.  

I could not even fathom what else to say about this amazing book.  I do know that this will defiantly be a re-read.  I highly suggest this book to anyone searching for a book with mystery, love, adventure, and a tinge of comedy.  Maybe you could become a red scarfed reveur.  You'll never want to leave Le Cirque des Reves.

Next Up:  Ingenue by Jillian Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment